Mad Catz Dual Sided DVD Remote Control for Playstation 2
I'm not recommending this product, far from it. However, I have it and I wanted to be sure I could find the Programming codes for the universal remote, since I'm bound to lose the small instruction sheet quickly.
DOUBLE-SIDED DVD WIRELESS REMOTE FOR PLAYSTATION 2 (ENGLISH)
Product No. 8281 03/03
Thank you for purchasing the Mad Catz Double-Sided DVD Wireless Remote. The Mad Catz DVD Remote is the best way to control the powerful DVD features of the Playstation 2 computer entertainment system. Navigate through menus, special DVD add-on footage, director's cuts and theatrical trailers - all from the comfort of your couch. Designed with the industry standard Infrared technology, the DVD remote allows seamless wireless control of your PlayStation 2. The Mad Catz DVD Remote will also function as a Universal Remote which will give you total control over your TV and VCR, bringing comfort and versatility to you in one convenient package.
Be sure to visit www.madcatz.com to register your product and see new and exciting video game controllers for your every gaming need!
Connecting the Infrared receiver
- Turn the PlayStation 2 power OFF.
- Insert the infrared receiver into the number one controller port.
- Connect PlayStation 2 controller to the Pass-Through port on the receiver.
- Place game disk or DVD disk into the PlayStation 2.
- Turn the power ON and begin viewing or playing.
The Mad Catz DVD Remote for the PlayStation 2 has three modes that will allow total control over your PlayStation 2, TV, and VCR. You change modes by pressing the DVD/TV/VCR buttons. The controller will light-up in a different color to indicate which mode you have chosen.
PlayStation 2/DVD Mode - GREEN ----------
To switch to PlayStation 2 (DVD) mode, press the DVD button on the remote.
TV Mode - RED ---------
Switch to TV mode by pressing the TV button on the DVD Remote.
Programming the TV mode
- Find the programming code for your TV brand in the TV CODES" table in this user guide
- Press the "TV" mode button
- Press and release the "SET" button (You may need to use a paperclip or small item to do this.) - The controller will light-up GREEN
- Press the first number of the TV code - the controller will illuminate RED
- Press the second number of the TV code - the controller will illuminate AMBER
- Press the third number of the TV code - the controller will semi-illuminate
- lf the first code you try does not work, try the others listed under your TV brand until the remote operates your TV properly
(TV PROGRAMMING EXAMPLE for Code 043)
- Press TV Press SET then release - LED will illuminates GREEN
- Press 0 then release - LED will illuminate RED
- Press 4 then release - LED will illuminate AMBER
- Press 3 then release - LED will semi-illuminate
VCR Mode - AMBER ------------
Switch to VCR mode by pressing the VCR button on the DVD remote.
Programming the VCR mode
Programming the VCR mode is exactly the same as if you were programming a TV code in the instructions above. Just be sure to press the "VCR" button prior to beginning programming.
(VCR PROGRAMMING EXAMPLE for Code 044)
- Press VCR
- Press SET then release -- LED will illuminates GREEN
- Press 0 then release -- LED will illuminate RED
- Press 4 then release -- LED will illuminate AMBER
- Press 4 then release -- LED will semi-illuminate
DVD Button features:
The following buttons will perform these functions while the PlayStation 2 is being used to play a DVD.
|STOP||Stops the DVD from playing|
|DISPLAY||Enables the DVD display menu of the PlayStation 2 where additional DVD features can be accessed.|
|>||||Play & Pause (Toggle)|
|<<<||Rewind (Hold down to control length)|
|>>>||Fast Forward (Hold down to control length)|
|SUBTITLE||Enables the subtitles menu (If available on the DVD media)|
|SOUND||Enable the sound menu (It available on the DVD media)|
|\/ < /\ >||For navigating DVD Menus|
|[X sign]||Select (while in menus)|
|[Triangle] [Square]||DVD feature menu|
|[Circle]||Stop and access PlayStation 2 DISPLAY menu|
The use of the PlayStation [Triangle] [Square] [Circle] [X sign] buttons will vary depending on the game software or if the game system is playing a DVD or CD. Please consult your PlayStation 2 manual for details on these button's functions during DVD play.
[Warning] CAUTIONS [Warning]
- IMPORTANT! Before using this product read all accompanying information and your game system's instruction manual for safety, health and other information.
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose this unit to rain or moisture. Do not use within 30' of any water such as swimming pools, bathtubs, or sinks.
- To avoid electrical shock, do not disassemble. Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
- This unit should be operated only from the power source indicated on the unit. If you are not sure of the type of electrical power supplied to your home, contact your local power company.
- Never push objects of any kind, other than authorized items, into the product as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in fire or electrical shock.
- Stop using this unit immediately if you begin to feel tired or if you experience discomfort or pain in your hands and/or arms while operating the unit. If the condition persists, consult a doctor.
- Do not attempt to operate the unit in any way except with your hands. Do not bring the unit in contact with your head, face, or near the bones of any other part of your body.
- Avoid prolonged use of this unit. Take breaks every 30 minutes.
- Use this unit only as intended.
- This product contains small parts that may cause choking if swallowed. Not intended for children under 3 years of age.
5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Mad Catz warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period. This non-transferable, five (5) year limited warranty is only to you, the first end-user purchaser. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs AND you have registered your product with Mad Catz AND you provide proof of purchase, Mad Catz, at its option, will repair or replace the product at no charge.
The Mad Catz five (5) year limited warranty is available to North American customers only, including Canada, Mexico and the United States. Your sole and exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of your Mad Catz product. In no event shall Mad Catz liability exceed the original purchase price of the product. This warranty does not apply to: (a) normal wear and tear or abusive use; (b) industrial, professional or commercial use; (C) if the product has been tampered with or modified.
To receive warranty service you must:
- Call Mad Catz Technical Support at 1.800.659.2287 or 1.619.683.9830
- Obtain a Return Authorization Number from Mad Catz Technical Support
- Ship the product to Mad Catz at your expense for service
- Enclose a copy of the original sales receipt showing a purchase date
- Enclose a full return address with daytime and evening phone numbers
Online Support and User Guides: www.madcatz.com
Telephone: Available 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) at 1.800.659.2287 (US only) or 1.619.683.9830 (outside US).
©2003 Mad Catz, Inc. 7480 Mission Valley Road, Suite 101, San Diego, CA 92108 USA. Mad Catz and the Mad Catz logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Mad Catz, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. The shape and design of this product is a tradedress of Mad Catz. PlayStation and PS one are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. ("SCEI"). This product is not sponsored, endorsed or approved by SCEI. International and domestic patents pending. Made in China. Printed in Honk Kong. All rights reserved. Features, appearance and specifications may be subject to change without notice. Please retain this information for future reference. Mad Catz stands behind its products 100%.
Questions? Visit our web site at www.madcatz.com or call 1.800.659.2287 (USA only) or 1.619.683.9830.
Product No. 8281 03/03
TV AND VCR CODES
- Component / Code Number
- VCR(VTR1:Betamax) / 108
- VCR(VTR2:8mm) / 110
- VCR(VTR3:VSH) / 109
- VCR(VTR4:DV) / 111
- VCR(VTR5:DV) / 113
- VCR(VTR6:DV) / 112
- TV / 034
- VCR / 125
- TV / 029, 049, 058
- VCR / 101, 137, 088
- Bell & HoweIl
- VCR / 090, 091
- TV / 049, 058, 010
- VCR / 082, 103, 129
- TV / 007, 009
- VCR / 106, 101
- VCR / 083, 088
- TV / 022, 018, 016, 015
- Curtis Mathis
- VCR / 136, 101, 106
- TV / 007, 004, 018
- VCR / 123, 081, 106, 124
- TV / 017, 047, 007, 045, 046
- VCR / 123, 103, 099, 081, 082, 102, 101, 097
- TV / 022, 042, 016, 015, 018, 007, 012, 021
- VCR / 090, 085, 080, 084
- TV / 002
- General Electric
- VCR / 104, 136, 106, 105
- TV / 029, 031, 007, 040, 027
- VCR / 107, 136, 086
- TV / 011, 042, 007, 056
- VCR / 081
- JC Penny
- VCR / 106, 086, 136, 090, 129, 093, 092
- TV / 007, 029, 048, 040
- VCR / 129, 120, 121, 122, 093, 092
- TV / 043, 044
- VCR / 129, 093, 088, 092
- VCR / 101, 088, 086, 084, 085, 090, 080, 094
- TV / 029, 007, 050, 002, 004, 009, 006
- VCR / 127, 107, 106, 115, 128
- TV / 050, 009, 042, 007, 051, 052
- VCR / 106, 080
- VCR / 086, 136
- Mitsubishi / MGA
- VCR / 119, 131, 133, 134, 132, 130, 118, 117
- TV / 028, 007, 009, 039
- VCR / 129, 093, 092
- TV / 007, 007
- VCR / 100
- VCR / 114, 115, 107, 106, 1 16
- TV / 031, 035, 036, 040, 033, 032
- VCR / 086, 136
- VCR / 088, 127, 107, 106, 128
- TV / 050, 053, 051
- VCR / 107
- TV / 020, 031, 004
- VCR / 107, 106, 114, 115, 112
- TV / 031, 040, 037
- Radio Shuck
- TV / 029, 009, 038, 018
- RCA / PROSCAN
- VCR / 136, 086, 107, 106, 127, 135, 081, 096
- TV / 029, 007, 030, 014, 008, 046, 055, 026, 027, 013, 028
- VCR / 106, 090, 126, 080, 131, 101
- VCR / 098, 096, 089
- TV / 019, 009, 042, 007, 054
- VCR / 090, 080, 091, 123, 088
- TV / 002, 018, 000, 001
- VCR / 081, 096, 089, 080, 119, 131, 133, 134
- TV / 018, 009
- VCR / 125, 126
- TV / 049, 042, 012, 041
- Signature 2000
- VCR / 101, 125
- TV / 049, 058
- VCR / 127, 107, 106, 101
- TV / 050, 009, 007
- VCR / 101
- TV / 018, 023, 024, 025
- VCR / 129, 093, 092
- VCR / 107, 106
- VCR / 081, 135, 094
- TV / 005, 004, 049, 006, 003
- TV / 011, 007, 009
- VCR / 090, 129, 093, 092
- VCR / 138
- TV / 058, 057
NOTE: If the batteries are removed from the Universal Remote the TV and VCR codes are reset to default. Sony is the default TV and VCR.
OTHER MAKES/MODELS: I do not have codes for any other televisions or platers other than the ones above. My only suggestion is to find another television that uses the exact same IR chipset.